Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Being an Adult is Hard

I'm so sick of having to be responsible. I guess I should have know this when I agreed to become assistant manager at work, but I'm just so sick of it now. People are complaining because my manager is grumpy and mean, but I would like to see them work forty hours a week and deal with everything she deals with. It's hard to stay chipper.

Today, at 5:30 pm, I was informed that my coworker could not work her shift tomorrow, and I was only being informed then. I guess she was relying on my manager to change it, but my manager doesn't like that my coworker got a second job and had to change her schedule at Starbucks. So I stayed another half hour trying to work it out. I figured out a perfect plan, but the one last person I need to accept a shift will not answer her phone or her text messages. This leaves us kind of dangling and unable to officially change the schedule until the very last minute. It worse comes to worse, I will take the shift and just work six days in a row.

And now, to top it all off, there is something wrong with me. For three weeks now, I've been feeling sick. It's better some days, worse others. Today is one of those worse days. Normally it's just a small stomach ache, and no apatite, but today my period decided to start. Two weeks early. Needless to say, I was kind of grumpy at work this morning. Not to mention I went swimming in a river yesterday, and I'm feeling every single bump and bruise today (mostly on my feet). I also seem to have pulled a muscle in my shoulder while trying to fix a clogged Pumpkin Spice pump yesterday.

So let's total this up. My feet, back of arms and the front of my right shoulder are all sore. My stomach is aching and I still don't really have an apatite. My time of the month came twice this month, not to mention all my energy seems to be seeping away with every movement I make. I might be facing a six day work week, which all but one of those days I will be working at least six hours.

The really odd thing is? After a while at work, I wasn't grumpy. Time flew, and suddenly I was off. Even now, I'm stressed but not really grumpy. I'm going to say this is because I had an amazing date yesterday.


I'll just leave you with that little tidbit of information.

No comments:

Post a Comment