Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Wednesday 11 September 2013

Vacation Part 3

After three days in Disneyland, we spent a day shopping, then a day at Knotts Berry Farm. Unfortunately, we didn't take many pictures, so you're going to have to read my rambling instead of looking at it.

I'm a pretty frugal person (except when I see I got a huge pay cheque and get a little too excited), so I really didn't spend much other than on food and drinks. For our shopping day, I bought a really nice red blazer that has a kind of ruffle at the bottom, five pairs of underwear, two of which didn't fit (can't try underwear on), a new Sims 3 game (It has dragons!), a loose red tube top (it actually fits without falling down!) an inexpensive plain black sweater, two pairs of shoes (black pair of sneakers for comfort and a light brown pair of slips ons), and a box of taffy. Note that pretty much everything I bought was under twenty dollars... So yeah, a lot of my money went toward food and drinks.

By the time we went to Knotts Berry farm, I was beginning to feel a little sick. My throat was sore and my head hurt, but I ignored it for the first few hours. The roller coasters there are amazing! Unfortunately, they're the roughest rides I've ever been on. The wooden roller coaster would have been a lot of fun, but I felt like I got whip lash. It was easily the bumpiest ride I've ever been on. There was one coaster that was closed down the majority of the time we were there. Vanessa and I managed to get on it right after it opened, and about five minutes after we got off, it closed down again. Close to the end of the day my knee pretty much gave out, and I was feeling grumpy. My toe on my left food really hurt and my knee on my right leg wasn't bending anymore, so I probably looked like a penguin waddling along to try and keep the pain to a minimum. At least I got a nice souvenir cup that I refilled for free about five times. The final time I just had ice cold water in it to keep on my knee...

When we got home, I took my shoes and socks off to find a massive blister on my big toe, right between it and the next toe. It made for some awkward walking when I tried not to pop it. And since I've barely had a day off of work or school since I got back, my knee is still sore. I really need to rest it up for a few days, but we're really short on staff at work. At school on Monday, it nearly gave out twice while walking.

And of course, my cold got worse. By the time we left California, I could barely talk, and my voice was even worse at work the next day. I still have an annoying cough, which is causing my throat to hurt again, and my nose is only just starting to clear up. Some morning I wake up with a head ache, but it normally goes away after breakfast or a shower.

So there we are, my vacation summer up pretty well. Maybe for Friday I'll try to post some pictures of what I got, I'm just too lazy right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment