Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Wednesday 14 May 2014

Not So Common Courtesy

After being kept awake for over an hour last night because of them very rude neighbours, I decided that it's my duty to remind everyone about come common courtesy rules.

1) If it's after eight o'clock at night, you should refrain from playing any sort of musical instrument. You may think you're playing quietly, but I can guarantee that your neighbours will hear. And you may be surprised to know, but some people go to bed early because they have something called work in the morning. This rule should also apply to parties on weekdays and any other activities that produce loud and/or annoying sounds, and should be applied for a full twelve hours, until 8 o'clock the next morning.

2) Current company will always come before company on the phone. This includes friends, family, or the poor person behind the counter trying to take your order while you hold up one finger to indicate that you need a minute. If you must finish your conversation, please get out of line and allow everyone else to get on with their lives.

3) Rules are made for a reason, especially the rules of the road. If you cannot follow them, then get off the road. This includes drivers, cyclists and pedestrians. No cutting people off, no illegal U-turns, no driving down the right turn lane and budging in at the front of a very long line, no J-walking, no thinking that you're above the law.

4) Say please and thank you. I'm not sure what other parents taught their kids, but when I was growing up my parents would always remind me to say please and thank you. (The whole always saying sorry thing is just from being Canadian. Nothing to do with my parents) If you're still learning English, I have to say that you really don't have any excuse. Some of the only French words I know are please and thank you. If nothing else, I can be polite. In addition, if you don't know how to order in English, it's 'Can I please have..." not "Give me..."

No comments:

Post a Comment