Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Wednesday 21 May 2014

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag review

For Christmas I got Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. The moment I got home from my aunt and uncles place on Christmas Day, I started to play it, but I only had a few minutes before we had to go out for dinner. I have to admit, I haven't picked it up since. And technically I still haven't picked it up, my sister did.

First thing I noticed when I was playing was how hard it was to control. Bare in mind that I'm playing on the Wii U, and at that people I was still getting used to the controls for that console. Not to mention the game starts on a ship in the middle of a storm. I managed to get to the helm of the ship and got a few cannon blasts off before I had to leave. It was difficult.

My sister started playing it yesterday, and she had a lot more luck than I did. Not only did she manage to bomb the shit out of the other ships, but she has figured out almost all the controls while wandering aimlessly around an island. She hasn't gotten much farther in the plot, but hey, learning controls is always the first step.

Of course I have to mention the graphics. They are stunning. The most beautiful from any game I've ever played, and that's including Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. The movement looks natural down to the smallest detail. I'm not sure how easy it is to play now, but with so many buttons on the Wii U, I can't believe it's too easy. So it's beautiful, but difficult.

I think what I really want to do is play it on a different console. I'd have to learn the next remote, but I think any remote is easier than the Wii U.

No comments:

Post a Comment