Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Monday 11 February 2013

Coffee Flingger

Oh man, I completely forgot it was Monday. It's a holiday, so I just kind of assumed it was still the weekend... and it's reading break, so I might forget again...

Anyway, I have some pretty good new. I recently got hired at a Safeway to work in the Starbucks. I had my first real day on Saturday working on the till and doing small things like pump coffee and make tea. I think I caught on pretty qucikly, since the till is kind of similar to the till as my other job. I still get a little confused as to what button corresponds to what coffee, since it's not labelled dark roast and medium roast on the till... I think I might be getting the hang of it though. Luckily, even if I press the wrong bottom, most of the time I'm the one getting the coffee, so I know what to pump.

Today was my second day, and I learned some of the more popular hot coffee drinks, like lattes, cappuccinos, mochas, things like that. I was told how to make other drinks too, like hot chocolates, but I haven't actually made one yet, so it might take me a little longer to get that. I assume that I'll be taught the non-coffee and cold drinks soon, though they're not going to get popular until the weather gets nicer.

So far it's been enjoyable, if a little slow. I guess on weekends and holidays you don't get as many people. On a weekday, especially in the morning, I assume there'll be a lot more people. Pretty much all the customers have been very friendly, a few have even wished me luck or said that I was doing very well. I think my favourite part is being inside, even if one (or both) of the doors gets stuck and there is a bit of a draft. Since my other job is pretty much outside, I think I have gotten used to working in the cold. For once I'm not the one bundled up in five layers and still cold.

So we'll see how things go by the end of next week, when I'll be going to work directly from school. Luckily I think I'll be able to get a ride, or it might even be quicker to bus there...

And on an unrelated note, on Thursday I'll be going to a book signing for A Memory of Light. I'm very excited, but it's at 7 at night... A little annoying, but I figure as long as I get there about an hour early, I shouldn't be home too late. I just need to find a friend who will for sure go with me. Then on Friday I'll be having another Zelda party, so look forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment