Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Wednesday 22 August 2012

Chapters

Alright, so I've decided that I'll update this three times a week; Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Of course, that all depends on how I'm feeling when school starts, and moreso if I get a second job at Chapters...

Which I am more excited then I should be about. A few days ago my parents informed me that they had run into an old friend who works at Chapters. He told them that there is an opening at the store he works at, but it is the 5am stocking shift. Now anyone who knows me also knows that I like to sleep in until at least nine, more often nine thirty or even ten. So getting up at 4 at least three times a week will probably kill me. But that's okay, because it's Chapters. If I die surrounded by books, I think it will be with a grin on my face. I don't think anyone knows how happy I would be to work there.

However, I also have a job at Pajo's Fish and Chips. Now Pajo's is a lot of fun, probably the best starter job anyone can ask for. If it stayed open year round, I probably would be less inclined to even look for a second job. Since it closes in the fall, however, I need some other source of income during the fall and winter. Even so, lately I have been getting less and less shifts, and what I do get gets cancelled far too often. If not for school four days a week, I would be trying harder to get a job now. I'll just have to end up relying on seasonal work once Pajo's is closed.

For now I'm just really hoping Chapter's will hire me. Since it's an early shift, I would be able to work mornings before school starts, and my dad is even willing to alter his schedule enough to wake up an hour earlier to get me there.

Since I'm going to school four days a week, and every day I get off at 9:30, I won't have much time to do homework at home. Fortunately, I also have an hour break between two of my classes on Tuesday and Thursday, so I could get a lot of work done there.

And I must be boring everyone by now. I swear, I had something more interesting to write about earlier, but I completely forget. =/ Typical. Maybe it'll come back to me later. If it does, I'll quickly type it up as a bonus blog. XD Anyway, for now just wish me luck with the Chapter's job.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh I think it'd be lovely to die surrounded by books~~~...not that I'm saying you will die!

    I hope you can get the job! I want to go job hunting as well, hopefully the gods of employment feel merciful and grant me work soon~

    Best of luck Hanna :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe when I'm really old and can't take care of myself, I'll make a bed of books and just die happily among them. XD

      It should be easier once the Christmas season starts, around the beginning of November. I would suggest going out there and applying for seasonal jobs in October though. Maybe you can get a job as one of the elves in Santa's Workshop. =D I'm sure the kids would love a pink haired elf.

      Delete
    2. That is an amazing idea! Haha maybe I will apply to be an elf!!

      Delete